Christmas is a time for being with family, good food, giving gifts, and celebrating the birth of Christ. Let us not forget though, that some of the most meaningful gifts we can give come from our heart and need not cost anything at all. Here are a few of those …..
– Shovel snow off your neighbors sidewalk and driveway.
– Rather than give advice to someone, ask for some.
– Open the door for someone else.
– Read stories in your local library to children or seniors who can’t.
– Help in your local nursing home by just visiting and talking with some of the residents there who never have anyone to come and visit them.
– Let someone go on ahead of you while in line at the store.
– Give away some of your secret and most favorite recipes to your friends.
– Visit the Humane Society and adopt an animal if you can.
– Smile whenever you can at others. You never know how much you may change their day or outlook on life.
– Save up some fabric scraps and give them away to someone who quilts.
– Write a letter to the editor agreeing with his views on something.
– Volunteer to be a bell-ringer at your local Salvation Army.
– Write a letter to your friends you haven’t talked to in a long time and see how much it means to them.
– Say please and thank you whenever you are given the opportunity.
– Pick up after yourself around the house, and give others who usually do it a break.
– Say you’re sorry when you need to and forgive others when they do the same and are sincere.
– Call your family members on the phone just to tell them you love them.
– Tell someone you are proud of them.
– Be a mentor to a young person and show them the way to go.
– Take a cancer or dialysis patient to their treatments if they have no one who can help out.
– Volunteer to babysit for parents with a newborn baby to give them a night out once in a while.
– Pray for those who need prayer.
– Bake a cake or pie and take it to the new neighbors on the block.
– Don’t hold a grudge more than 12 hours and try to reconcile differences before the sun goes down each day. It will give both of you a good nights rest!
– Give yourself a gift by not worrying. It ends up getting you nowhere in the long run. Most of the stuff we worry about never comes to pass anyway. Worrying is just a changeless proposition.